Flooding informaton

From a message from Rachel Crompton, Flood Risk Manager at Lancashire County Council:

” The Lead Local Flood Authority – represented by my team – needs to know about all flooding events, especially where it has come into private property, so that we can investigate responsibly and identify whether there may be a case for grant funding to help with long-term improvements to an area. Please report to us by telephone on 0300-123-6780 during normal working hours or by email any time to : highways@lancashire.gov.uk with as much detail as possible. If we need to share the information that you give us with other drainage authorities for a full investigation, we will do so under carefully controlled data protection processes. We will not pass the information on to any insurance companies, trades companies, newspapers, private individuals or other people/organisations outside the flood risk management authorities. If you have already reported to another drainage authority (for example the Environment Agency, your district/city council or United Utilities), you don’t need to report again to us.”

· If anyone has had foul water (dirty water from sewers) coming into their property, they should report it to United Utilities, which may be able to help with cleaning and will certainly want to investigate any possible failings in their networks. :

o United Utilities plc: 0345-672-3723

·”Any long-lasting ponding of water in the road should be reported to LCC Highways for investigation and appropriate repairs. If this is or may be connected to a blocked gully, it can be reported as a highway fault through our website http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/roads-parking-and-travel-report-it/ If it is anything more complicated, we advise that you either telephone on 0300-123-6780 during normal working hours or send the information in an email any time to : highways@lancashire.gov.uk including as much detail as possible”.

If anyone wants advice on how to manage their risks of flooding, try. the North West’s dedicated flooding website: https://thefloodhub.co.uk/ .

Local advice is available through the Lune Valley Flood Forum. See also their Facebook page.