Places of Worship
Monthly services taken by Rev Emma Holroyd. Contact details email@example.com
For room hire, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Lent Talks 2 months 2 weeks ago Jenny Walmsley
Oasis Cafe opening in September 1 year 10 months ago Jenny Walmsley
This page can’t load Google Maps correctly.
Do you own this website? OK
Our chapel is situated by Artlebeck Bridge, between the two villages of Caton and Brookhouse. We meet every Sunday at 10.30am for morning service, which we try to make relevant for the needs of all. Morning service is followed by a brew and a chat, where we get to know each other better. On Sunday evenings we have usually have a prayer meeting at 6.00pm, followed by a service at 6.30pm, and this can take a variety of forms.
10:30am Morning Service and Sunday School
6:30pm Evening Service
A small but very friendly congregation meet at Caton Methodist Church, and you are very welcome to join us on a Sunday Morning at 10:30am and stop for a cup of coffee after the service.
10:30am Morning Service and Junior Church
The earliest record of a church or chapel on the site is before 1230. The tower dates probably from the 16th century. The rest of the church was rebuilt in 1865–67 to a design by the Lancaster architect E. G. Paley.
The church is constructed in sandstone rubble, with a slate roof. Its plan consists of a four-bay nave with a clerestory, north and south aisles, a south porch, a north transept containing the organ chamber, a chancel at a lower level, and a west tower. The tower is Perpendicular in style, and has three stages, diagonal buttresses, and an embattled parapet. On the west side is a doorway, over which is a three-light window with Perpendicular tracery. The bell openings also have three lights. On the south side of the church is the porch, with four bays to the east. The bays are separated by buttresses and each contains a three-light window with Perpendicular tracery. To the left of the easternmost window is a priest’s door. Along the clerestory are four windows. The east window has three lights with Perpendicular tracery. In the west wall of the north aisle is a blocked Norman doorway containing a tympanum carved with human figures. It is filled in with coffin lids and medieval cross slabs.
Our Church Hall and Club House are available for hire.
Our policies on safeguarding can be seen in the Downloads section below.
9.30 am – Parish Worship (with creche) and Sunday Club for children in the Church Hall
PCC SAFEGUARDING POLICY STATEMENT June 2019
SAFEGUARDING AT St Paul’s Church