POOR’S LAND CHARITY – In 1724, Edward Fincham left land to be used to benefit people in need living in this parish. The land is let out for grazing and fishing, and the proceeds are distributed annually by the Parish Council. These small grants are distributed every December, in time for Christmas. The amounts given are usually around £40-£50. Application forms will be available from 1st November and have to be returned by 29th November. The forms may be collected from the Cottam Room at the Victoria Institute or obtained directly from the Parish Clerk. Some will also be distributed through local schools and churches.